Monday, December 12, 2005

A New Grrl

I'm starting my New Years Resolutions early. Some are: getting in shape, get my finances in order, be a better parent, be a better grrlfriend, a more understanding bestfriend and by doing these things become a BOND GRRL!! I read somewhere that it's hard to make new years resolutions and keep them at the beginning of the year. It might be better to set them when it's more convenient for you. Start goals when you know you have the time and energy to work on it. Also, set goals during a time frame that works for you. A year might not work so set shorter goals of 6 months, 3 months or maybe 1 month depending on you and what you want to accomplish.

I started my fitness program in October. It's coming alone...I haven't started on my finances yet. I think that becoming a better parent is going to take my life time. I can see a change in my James so, being a better grrlfriend might be working. As for being a more understanding bestfriend, if you had some of the friends I have(and knew their issues) you'll know that this too will take a life time! (smile w/luv)

With the help of Solitaire from http://bondgrrl.blogspot.com/, the founder of Double OH! Productions and fEmpowerment http://www.doubleoh.com/index.html I am going to complete my quest to be the Best Bond Grrl I Can Be.

Just a few weeks ago, I didn't know what a blog was. I've heard about them on the news but I didn't know how serious it was. You can get/give all kinds of info from all over the world with a blog.Pepole talk about what some may concider their most private lives. With that being said that's how I met Solitaire. She is very smart and gives a lot of good information about everything. She's the Bond grrl I want to grow up to be.(smile)

Next time I'll talk about who's a bond grrl and why we should all strive to become one.

There's a quote that I heard a time ago and it stayed on my heart. I think that no matter who you are and where you come from, this is a good way to think.


I don’t think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as someone who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good.
Oprah Winfrey

1 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Solitaire said...

Who-hoo!!! As my mom would say, "Your cookin' with gas now, Bond grrl"

You go, I can't wait to see how this progresses!

Who-hoooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Solitaire

PS: You're going to get some "spam" now that you have set a blog up. What they all say is something like "Wow, you have a great site, come and check mine out" -- but they are all fakes. You'll know if someone is reading that is "for real" because it will be aimed to you directly, not just a flattery statement ("your blog is awesome...") and then a "check me out" statement. Don't go there :-) S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home