Friday, December 30, 2005

New Year New Bond Grrl

Well today is my last day of work before the new year. I'm glad because I need a break from this place! I've been working non-stop since I was 15. (Well, I took off for about 2 months to birth a baby.) Anyway, I've done just about everything, fast food, work with the mental disable, the most prestige people in Indiana, retail, teaching .... just about everything. I had the honor to work with some of the most intelligent over 40 women in NW Indiana. I've learned so much from them on a professional and personal level. I said that I can't wait to be 40 so that I can have it "together" like them. Even with my new teacher Solitaire who I'm guessing is about 40 (she's so smart!!) I'm learning so much and again I can't wait because I don't think that you not the "bomb" till you reach that age. I heard the other day that 40 is the new 20.
Anyway, I been blessed up until now I'm finally in my career as an Accountant with for the government and I meet these bitter old excuse my french Bitches! I've never seen more miserable women in my life. Their always talking about each other. I've been told some talk about me but, I don't care because none of them know me and I don't say anything but hi and bye to them. My supervisor is in that mix. And our situation is different because she's bestfriends with my James' mother. I didn't get the job through her (my ex-James). We started off cool (I've been here only about 7 months) but then my James told me to be careful around her because she's said somethings about me to his mom. I know it's a lot of he said she said but..... I don't mess with her unless it's about work. Now she's mad because I don't talk to her about her loser, cheater, user James. So long story short she moved my desk and being the lil grrl I am I'm mad! I'm walking about with my lips polked out rolling my eyes. I need to get over it and I will next year. I'm working on being the best Bond Grrl I can be.
Happy New Year

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Solitaire said...

Hey Grrrrl, I'm ba-ack!

The best part about the desk "move" is to look at it as a blessing. As they say, when God closes a door, He opens a window -- so my guess is there is something really good about this desk change for you. More light? More privacy? More being "in the center of things"? I know that there is a good thing attached to this :-)

You're right -- I'm over 40. I have to agree with you about 40 being the new 20. Or maybe 25 :-)

We are back from Kauai. Wow, how amazingly beautiful. It's funny because you hear people say "Oh, we're going to Hawaii" (ho-hum) and I didn't realize just how gorgeous and wild and wonderful it was going to be. Parts of it (in the North) are where they filmed King Kong, Juraissic Park, etc. -- so that tells you how it kinda looks.

One of the things that the trip gave me the ability to do was catch up on some of my reading. I am going to write about this in my blog (once I get out from under laundry etc!), but I wanted to link you to one of the articles I read:

http://www.lifetimefitness.com/magazine/index.cfm?strWebAction=article_detail&intArticleId=340

I am not sure that will work (you might have to paste it into your browser). The magazine is LAST year's January issue (did I say I was behind...?) They have the whole thing online -- they are very generous that way, the whole magazine is there (like Oprah Magazine). I thought this one, from the Fitness section to the "Diet" section to the Resolution section to the "Relapse" section was fabulous. I thought about you when I was reading it.

I love this magazine. I know we all get too many magazines, but to me, the biggest question is whether we really are getting something out of it that gives us passion for our life. I am down to this magazine, and another called "Worthwhile" (I pick up Oprah when I go to the gym to read). These are so fantastic and every time I get something that really gives me "juice."

I am not sure if you've seen the CA rains in the news. We walked into our B&B at the end of our trip (we had been without phone/TV/etc.) to CNN showing the little town next to our town (San Anselmo) under water! We immediately called friends and family to be sure the houses were still standing! My James' house is fine -- tomorrow I go up to see how mine is. It's closer to Napa and in the "flats" -- who knows, maybe all my "worldly goods" will be gone. They are packed in cardboard boxes in my garage -- which has a tendency to flood. Hope they are OK.........!!

Hope that your New Year is shaping up great!

xx Solitaire

 

Post a Comment

<< Home