Tuesday, January 31, 2006

i knew it!!

I KNEW IT!! My Bond Teacher is married! Solitaire, aka Mrs. Bond Grrl got married in Hawaii this past December. Something told me that she was going to do it when she said that she was going there for the new year. I'm sooo happy for the both of them. They look like and act like the perfect couple. Her James seem to compliment her so well. I haven't had the opportunity to meet either of them but, from our conversations thru the blogs, they both have it all together.
I saw the wedding pictures and they are beautiful. She looked so happy. Now I know what it looks like to be 'glowing'. There was a lot of KISSING DURING the ceremony : ) and smiling. Solitaire is such a funny woman, she was doing a lot of laughing too, the wedding looked soo fun. And just like the perfect Mrs. Bond Grrl, she was well prepared for all situations. The pastor wasn't quite prepared for the wedding so Mrs. Solitaire had her trusty Blackberry with so that he could perform the ceremony.

So, now I'm back on this marriage trip again. I got on it a day before I saw Solitaire wedding pics. I don't necessary want to get married now but, I wanna know that I will one day. I know that my James is the one I wanna be with. I know that I'm the one that he wants to marry (I don't like this word) but, when???? I can't and am not going to sit around and wait 6,7,8,9 years!!!!

I'm starting to like this blog, and I'm getting comfortable with writing.

Congratulation MR. & MRS. Bond Grrl
May God Bless you!

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Solitaire said...

Hey gorgeous :-)

Thank you for the congrats, yeah, I agree I think I'm glowing in those pictures too. Shame I can't share them outside Chicago and my other readership (laugh).

Now, don't stamp your foot on the time frame. Remember this one thing, my sweetest one: I am 45 years old. This is the first time I was asked. And I have been with my James for 6 years.

WHAT made him ask, you ask? My determination, last Xmas, to become the Best Bond Grrl I could be -- yes, really truly. I cleaned up my debt, I started working out like a demon, and I did a STRIP for him for Valentine's. He said that was so far outside my comfort zone, that there was nothing else he could do but propose.

I am actually not kidding. This was a man, who when we met, hated me so bad he used to take a different elevator up to the office (we met at work). That is its own story. This is a man that when we were first dating, was still on Match.com. This is a man who until like 2 years ago, was still doing ballroom with his ex (who actually called me and said that he would "never leave her" and "though they were not a couple, she would always be there for him and he would never not be dancing with her 3 days a week including Friday nights")....yes, all these things are true.

But I actually knew -- if what you say is true, I did know that -- that this was the James for me. He makes me laugh. He has a great job. He's a pain in the neck sometimes -- but that has softened, as he appreciates me for who I AM. It only took -- six years.

I was you -- I was going to be married before 30, and I do regret that I will never have kids, that is my one regret. But I'm a great "auntie" to my friends who have kids, and I don't have any of the heartache that is involved. I do "have" a kid, even, as my James has a schizophrenic 25 year old daughter that was dumped on him by his wife (a girl he did the right thing by at 19 and married when she got pregnant) -- he left the 3 year old daughter with him and bailed and didn't come back until he was successful and in the paper 12 years later!

So if you are on the marriage thing, the best path is...the Bond Grrl path. That is why I am Mrs today -- and there is no NO question about it. He even told me so. That is why this is my truth and my mission.

I guess that makes me "Solitaire" no more........? LAUGH xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home