Tuesday, October 03, 2006

rambling about moving

I talked to my James about buying a house last night. The conversation went a little like this:
me: When are you going to buy a house for me and baby doll?
james:What??
me: When are you going to buy a house for us?
james: You asked that question wrong you shoulda said, When I'm I going to buy a house that you are going to contribute to?
me: Yea, When are you going to buy a house that I will contribute 15% to?
silence
james: Yea go ahead and laugh.
me: bahaahaa

He goes on to tell me that he doesn't want to rush into buying anything. He can't see himself paying $$$ for a mortgage even if he can afford it. He has been hearing that interest rates are getting ready to drop so he's waiting for the right time. All in all it doesn't sound like he going to buy one in the time I've set for my goal. Now I can respect what he saying since I can't contribute to the financial process of buy the house. (I will be able to help purchase appliances, furniture ect. but that's about it in the beginning.)

I just think that because of his living situation re: still living w/momma & can come & go to my place anytime he well pleases he's comfortable(having his cake & eating it too) and doesn't feel the need to get up and go. But my situation is different because my rent is "high as hell" let alone with all my other bills. I'm not comfortable and feel very depressed when I think about it. My delima is I don't want to move because the school district is good and I'd hate to take my baby away from her friends. Even though I'm really living from check to check and the little money that I'm able to save aint worth talking about.

I said all that to say I need to move and I don't think he's considering that when he makes his moving plans.

I haven't told him about the goals I posted and maybe I should. I thought about moving home with my mother, but that wouldn't work b/c ...well just because. I didn't want to get another apartment cause it would be just a waste of money to me. So what do I do? Tell my James that he needs to put a rush on that house or just keep living like I'm living...very unBond Grrl like????

~MICA

3 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you will be happy to learn that your "truth" is ready and waiting for you. It's a tough one, but you can do this. Take a deep breath, then come to my site when you are ready. I moved the Truth or Dare post to the top so you don't have to go looking for it.

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction: I've added 2 posts since then so it's near the top.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should share your goals with him. I feel you on that living from paycheck to paycheck thing. Thats not a great place to be but its better than nothing, right!? I believe you'll get there. It may take time but it will come! Just believe that and stay optimistic! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home