Friday, July 28, 2006

G*O*A*L*S

I have them, goals! I've kinda set some before ( married by 30 to a b-ball player , big house, millionaire by 40 those unrealistic things), but not any with timelines and dedication to achieve them. It was 4:51 a.m. after... well let just say 45 minutes of ea.r.ly morning luvin'.

My mind was just going! I was restless and had so many thoughts on my mind it was kinda of scary because I was beginning to think I was having a nervous break down or something. I wasn't having sad or angry thought but I was rambling in my mind. I mean I planned my best friends wedding, figured out things to do in Wisconsin Dell's this weekend, decided that I would marry my James, got Saved (recommitted my life to God) and much more all between 4:51a.m. & 6:24a.m. Ok sorry for getting off track but....
I have goals and I really want to reach them during the time I prayed for.
So this is my timeline: I'll be 29 this year 2006. In 2007 I want for my James and I to buy a new home, we pretty much know the area we want to stay and the amount that we (he) can afford to spend on a mortgage. And I've told him about a First Time Home Buyers program that helps you with the process and assist with down payments in our area. At that time I would also like to at least get engaged to him so I wont be "living in total sin" showing God that we DO plan on marrying one day:-)

Ok, 2007 house and settled in, 2008 get out of debt! For real! I talk about all the time and have paid down some of it but I swear I feel like I'm falling deeper in it.

2009 Get married. We've been together for 2 years now and by then it'll be 5 so I think that's very much enough time for us to figure out if we can make it together the rest of our lives.

2010 Get my Masters Degree. I know by that time I should be working on my Doctorate's by them, but that will be the best time for me to get it. I really feel that my calling and/or passion is to teach. I knew it when I was in school but I fought it. Accounting is ok but I don't loovve it. By the time I'm 35 I pray to be living very comfortable and working really hard on college tuition and our retirement.

Those are my goals and I'm sticking to them! I already know that I wont and can't accomplish them without the help of my Lord and Savior. I have really been avoiding the closeness I have with my Father mainly because of my sinful ways but I'm back and I need to get that bond back. I know that my Bond teacher is 'prolly' asking about my short terms goals i.e. clutter in the home, closets... and YES, I'm going to work on them but it'll take the rest of my life to get them closets together for real!! lol

Now do I tell my James about these goals or just work on them myself and hope that he's on the same page re: marriage as I am?
Well, like I said my James is taking the family to Wisconsin Dells for three day! All expenses paid! How fun that's going to be. I just told my baby doll today we were going and it brought her to tears! She's so emotional :-)

It's Friday! Do the Friday Dance!
~Mica~

4 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Solitaire said...

atta grrl!

I would say that you don't "tell" your James, you just act on it.

I spent all Sunday at a Meeting, where a gal comes in, and it was all about "Turning Your Boat." She talked about how really, we all are in this swift flowing river, but we all have our boats turned upstream and we think we have to paddle harder and harder and really work on it, but in reality, we just have to turn our boats downstream, feel Joyful, and be carried. I never really liked that "Jesus carries me" thing but I really got the "stream" thing.

One of the things she said too was it's fairly easy -- if the Emotion you are feeling is Joyful, or even down to "Neutral" then you are still "tapped in" to that Stream and being carried. When you start turning towards Bored, Angry, Disgusted, Depressed, etc., then you have turned your boat back upstream, and you are working against that Flow.

That basically it's all up to us -- that we are the ones that "turn our boats upstream." I don't get my head around the "sinner" thing -- I think that God is too loving for all that per se. What she was saying was that it's all just this big Stream of Love and that if you just stop fighting it, that you will be carried farther than you can imagine. That it's sort of "us" that does these things to ourselves, it's not a "sin" per se, it's just "turning our boats upstream" and making it harder on ourselves. That debt, drinking too much, lying, feeling dead-ended, all that is literally us being disconnected from the Stream and pushing our boats upstream.

SO, I am working on turning my boat around :-))))))))))))))

xxx S

PS: SCARY re the sniper!

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodluck on achieving your goals! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Glad you liked it! Don't be a stranger! =)

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Best wishes with your goals! You've made the most important first step.

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow hun!! Its been a while since you've posted!!

Can we expect something soon? Some...poetry...perhaps!! =)

Peace, Sis!!

~UB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home