Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Is changing a tire part of being a Bond Grrl????

Cause if so I wont be a Bond Grrl!! If you get to know me really well you would figure out that I am the biggest "nerd" ever. Not the book smart kind either! Yesterday, my James was changing his car tires and I offered to help (he's very capable & I wanted to show him the Strong Bond Grrl side of me). So, I watched him change two tires and I was ready to go. He jacked the car up for me and I preceded to loosen a nut? bolt? one of those things, but it was on very tight. He offered to loosen them up but I refused to let him. I felt like I go to the gym pumpin' iron 4 days a week I should be able to do this. LONG STORY SHORT. I cut my hand on the tire rim and now I have two stitches in my hand!! Man did that shhh hurt. I had to sit in the emergency room for about 5 hours and my James said something to totally P'ed me off', "Baby just stay sexy I don't want you masculine too." F--- you!!
It was kinda funny when it happen cause I wouldn't let anyone see it and I was running around the house laughing and crying. You had to have been there:-)

Lesson learned... As long as there are men in the world I don't need to know how to change a tire.

~Mica~

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Solitaire said...

Bond changes them tires -- your James definitely is right on that one :-) A Bond grrl knows HOW to change a tire -- but she also has AAA AND she checks her tire pressure AND she makes sure that she has enough tread (she is prepared, remember), so she never, ever, has to do it herself.

(Love the story though, that really is funny.)

Changing tires is much more a Lara Croft or even Charlie's Angel thing -- not a Bond Grrl thing.

But you are LEARNING and not being an "eek" grrl, which is all good. :-)

(Still smiling -- oh man, OUCH I'm so sorry re your hand!)

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Ouch! So sorry. Leave the tires to the guys, we like soft hands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home