Thursday, April 20, 2006

Catching up

I just realized that I only write in my blog when something is wrong. I was going to post a couple of comments the other day when some things happened at work, and when I was upset with my James, but I decided not to. I really have to work on not complaining so much! I have so many great things going on in my life I should be posting them. I don't want my Bond Mamma to think that I’m just this almost 30 yr old grrl that can’t-get-right. I’m still working on being the Best Bond Grrl I Can Be. Still paying bills, raising my daughter, trying to get in better shape, and doing great being number 2. Oh! Most importantly getting a closer relationship with the Lord. (I’m going to list the top 20 great things about me and things going on in my life, at the end of my post.)

I have been in blog land though. I’ve read some of the most interesting blogs in the past few weeks. From authors, marines, artist and many more. They all have some very impressive lives, and it’s also comforting to read that they also have come across a bump or two in their lives and managed to keep moving on. That's inspiring. They also have nice looking blogs, with pictures, and music videos. I want to try something like that.

This weekend I’m going to touch everything in my house. Ms. Solitaire said that it’s time to get rid of all the things that aren’t in use and I don’t need. She said to simply touch EVERYTHING in your house from make-up to can goods. And if you don’t love it give it away. (I’m I right S.?) So this will probably take me 3-4 weekends, but I’m going to do it. I’m just scared that my house will be empty when I’m all done. (smile)


Mica’s Top 20 (not in any order)

1. I’m alive
2. Jesus loves me & forgives me
3. I have a beautiful, smart, healthy daughter
4. I have a roof over my head & food to eat
5. I have a job that helps me with # 2
6. I have a college degree (Accounting)
7. I have 3 best friends that I’ve known since I was 5yrs old
8. I’m the best friend that they have
9. I’m the best lover that my James has ever & will ever experience ;-)
10. I’ve seen a lot of my old classmates and I’m sooo skinner than them! I can’t wait till our 10 yr reunion
11. I have a very forgiving heart
12. I’m getting rid of that flab under my arms
13. My James has never (been caught) cheated on me
14. We’ve been in a relationship for 2yrs May 8th
15. Cellulite Sally is slowly but surely coming off my thighs
16. I’m a cutie
17. I can hold an intelligent conversation with anyone
18. I’ve been called sexy by some sexy men & women ;-0
19. My mom still takes care of me, and I also take care of her
20. I will be debt free in 5yrs


I could have wrote some more but I don’t want you to think I’m stuck-up :-)

~Mica~

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Solitaire said...

atta grrl! Glad to see you are back! :-)))

I laughed at the "I am the best my James..." You go! (Me too!) That is one of the best assets of being a Bond Grrl :-)

And you are right re touching everything in the house. Have your daughter do it with you, too. This will teach her about how unimportant material things are -- and how important our feelings are inside. How we have to LOVE something to keep it -- that buying it doesn't "make us" as it were.

I also laughed re the area under your arms. You know what my trainer calls that? "Kimono arms." You know how a kimono has that big area of cloth hangin' down under the arm? Of course I know we do not have it that bad (like MICK JAGGER OH MY did you see his arms was it on the Grammies????) -- but that always makes me laugh.

It has rained over 40 days in the last 50, but it has been clear this week. YAY! It's sooooo much better when it's not raining. I am still going to the gym but fell off of the "cardio" part during this Noah's Ark deluge we have been having. That is on my "list" for this week -- to get back on track there. (I like to walk or run outside, rather than on a treadmill -- the air is better Out There (laugh).)

You're right too re "bumps." It's amazing the things that can come your way that are great, but somehow have "attachments." My James' daughter, who is 25 (he had her when he was 19, then the woman left him with her when the girl was 3 -- the mom just split -- she was crazy) -- she is schizophrenic. She was living a life of her own, but decided "not to" and now is back in the house. I just hate it. There is no way way to have "your own life" when a crazy big huge Mexican girl is just dogging it and eating leaving dishes watching TV, spread out on the furniture. OK now I have to give that up, that is not very Charitable :-) Anyway -- right now that is my big Test. She has to get back out of here, and my James doesn't want to deal. I don't think he has wanted to deal really ever with this -- this would be one of those "ads for condoms" basically............ok, now it is NOT raining so it's time to get out, maybe work on the garden a little, and not think about it -- la TI da!

I am not sure if Chicago has a Freecycle -- we have one here. It's a Yahoo Group where you post things that you don't want any more, and people come and pick them up (like a "free" garage sale basically). My James and I filled up my old house to the RAFTERS outside the front door and side with things -- storage bins, clothes, games, things that we now have 2 of (vacuum cleaner, etc.) -- and put it all on Freecycle. WHAT A BLESSING! Folks came by and POOF it's mostly all gone. Wow, what a weight off my mind! I also took a whole load of things to the battered women's shelter (NOT GoodWill, I had a bad experience with them -- they throw away a big percentage of what they get -- not good.) Anyway -- so I found some local charities that are desperate for stuff. I brought all sorts of things -- especially because at the women's shelters they need things for kids, women, etc. I called up first and found out. You should have seen the face on the woman taking the stuff in. It was so worth it. I washed everything, folded it up, or put it on dry-cleaner hangers (you know, the ones you are willing to give away). She got really shiny-eyed. How great is that. If I had had a daughter, I would have brought her with me, to see the way that these folks live -- how just a little effort on my part is going to make a huge difference on theirs. I told my one Grrl who has daughters and she took stuff down with them - they were sort of "kicking and screaming" about what was going to be gone (old toys they never use any more, but that they still "wanted") -- until they saw the kids and such there. Then, they went BACK home and gave up more. That is what we need to teach our kids -- I wish my mom had done more of that with me, I think I would have lost the "shopping bug" that plagued me into debt a lot sooner.

OK -- gotta run :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home