Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What's up

Not much is going on in Mica's life right now. "Slow Motion" which is better than "No Motion" . I had a nice weekend. My James has two sons that he keeps every other weekend. We take the kids to basketball games or fun centers and things like that. So anyway that's what we did, had our "family weekend". Yesterday was nice after work, the woman's fellowship at my church had a mini teaching session on mentoring. A lady (whom I just adore!) came and facilitated to the group on ways to mentor young ladies of our church. It was very informative. Mrs. W., is a Minister, Facilitator, Motivational Speaker to name a few things that she does. She was my Solitaire for about 4 years when I was my Pastor's Administrative Assistant. She kept me going when I wanted to give up. She had so much good advise about taking care of my daughter, working, not judging me and helping me get out of a very, very, wrong relationship with a very wrong man and staying committed to the church. I love her to death. I get so emotional when when I think about her and how she helped my young dumb a-- out. Like I've mentioned before I've been blessed to have had so many beautiful, intelligent women in my life.

Which now has me thinking...Will I need a Solitaire and/or Mrs. W all the rest of my life?
I'm I going to grow with the knowledge I've gained from these women? Will it be wrong for me to want to keep these ladies in my life indefinitely? I have to think about this a little more...

2 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Solitaire said...

I have posted two (count'em, two) big posts in Comment to this and somehow they keep not posting -- either something wrong with the site or something wrong with me.

Of course, that means that I am going to be briefer than the other 2 times, which is a bummer (the first one was the best).

What I said was that I believe that EVERYONE will always need a "mentor." And "who" that mentor is depends a bit on the "issue at hand."

I believe that we don't give ourselves enough credit...that often, our mentor is US! We look internally, we do a "gut check," and we see where we stand....we adjust our course, and we move on.

Then, sometimes, what we need to do is basically "ask God." Meaning -- we need a little more help than our Spirit within -- so we ask for help from the "Spirit on the outside." I honestly believe it the power of the positive -- even if someone doesn't believe in angels, saints, God, or whatever, I believe it doesn't matter what you "believe," because it's still "out there" to tap into. So sometimes when it's a bit harder, we ask for that "outside" help, and the Universe/God/Jesus/the angels/etc. provides it, tapping into that great universal Mentor (in the Sky as it were).

Then, I think sometimes, some issues are just too big for us. And so in my story, we look inside -- too tough, no answers. We look to our Universe/God/Jesus (after maybe talking with some grrlfriends who are no help either (laugh)), and we are not hearing the answer. But this is the cool part. It's my honest view that in sending out that "distress call" or S-O-S to the Universe/God/Jesus/Mary/your angels, you are ALWAYS heard (always always). And then, you just have to look, because I believe that universal Spirit embodies that mentor help into an actual Person. That's when it's at that third and toughest stage.

So in reality, we are always mentoring ourselves, we are always having the Universe/God/Jesus mentoring us, AND we (for those tough problems, when it's hard to hear the whisper of the angels in your ear!), the Universe/God/Jesus/etc. touches on the spirit of an actual person, and "embodies" that mentoring help in a way so that we can actually hear a voice.

I think we are never "so strong" that we can find all the answers inside. I don't even think that we can ever be so strong as to always find the answers "with God/prayer only." But you see, the Universe/God is all loving....and that is shown when we send up that distress call, with our True Heart, and POOF a mentor shows up that we can actually talk with. They are "prayers answered." Ever notice how when you need one, somehow something WEIRD Happens? Meaning, you are clicking thru on blogs, and you find....the Bond Grrl blog...and you actually read it. Or you walk into this church versus that church one day, and there is The Lady You Were Looking For.

My favorite Christian poem ever has to do with the person who dies, and talks with Jesus -- Jesus shows that person the "footsteps in the sand." The person says basically "well here, I see you were walking next to me, and here I see that we were walking separately, but here, when the going was really tough, there is only one set of footprints, you left me altogether!" and Jesus says in the poem "My child, that was the time that I was carrying you."

I think that's how life is -- the Universe/God is a 100% loving place/thing. In a way, that phrase "Let Go, Let God" has been used to "not take control of your life" -- e.g., "let it all hang out and it will get better." But that's not what I think it means. I think we all have Spirit/God inside of us, that is our soul. And I think when we let go of the "agony" and "fear," and trust in that spirit inside OURSELVES (our "piece" of God), and let that Spirit guide us, THAT is when the magic happens. Not consigning things to "Jesus" and then continuing to live a life of agony. No, instead, looking inside to that piece of us that is a piece of Him and using that for guidance....or to send out an S-O-S for a mentor!

OK, let's see if this one posts!

Solitaire

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Solitaire said...

curious...just read what you said on ...Harpo's... site -- you a single woman again now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home