Friday, April 28, 2006

6 Months: All I have to show for it is a baby belly!!

I've been going to the health club for 6 months now and all I have to show for it is a belly that looks like I'm about 3 months pregnant. I haven't lost any weight, but I was contributing that to maybe turning my fat into muscle. Although, I have noticed a lil' cut in my arms and legs my stomach is showing no progress. I must admit I haven't been doing any dieting with the exercise, I've been eating any and everything I can get in my mouth (that didn't come out right :0). So, since my James wont pay for me to get a tummy tuck and I can't afford to pay for one I guess I'm just going to have to do it the ol' fashion way. I'm on a diet, no more Mc D's fries; they got me in this mess in the 1st place. I really want to have legs and stomach like Mary J. Blige and arms and a back like Angela Bassett :-D

Starting MONDAY!

singing... Just Got Paid..Friday Nite..Party hunting.....
I don't know what my James is going to do since he doesn't drink any more (yeah right). I'm having me a drink!!!


Have a blessed, great & safe weekend!!!!


~Mica~

2 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Life, it happens said...

Good to hear you are joining me on the Special K diet. And your right starting is the hard part, but we can do it!!! Keep me posted on your progress--Gurl we gone be fine for the summer!!!!!!! (Smile)

Jinx

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Solitaire said...

The best "diet" that ever worked for me was out of the New York City Diet Plan (something like that) -- the author is like Hirsch or Kirsch. What he talks about is that you have to do like 30 mins cardio EVERY day, and then 30 mins working alternating on arms/legs/abs/etc. (The exercises are in the book.)

But his "eating plan" is all about just "avoiding" foods, for 14 days to get them out of your system. How our body works is that there are enzymes that "break down" certain foods -- all sorts of different ones. If you stop eating that food, you CRAVE it -- because those enzymes will DIE if they don't get what "they eat" specifically. So they send chemical messages to your brain, saying EAT THIS EAT THIS EAT THIS -- because if they don't get it, those specific enzymes will die out of your body.

Apparently I think it's 2-3 weeks (21 days is what I remember) that it takes for them to leave your body. After that, you actually don't "crave" the thing. BUT if you eat ANY of it during that time, you keep those enzymes alive and YELLING.

His "plan" is for those 21 days, to not eat the worst offenders. You can eat anything else. They are A,B,C,D,E,F,F. What that means is
Alcohol
Bread
Caffeine and starchy Carbs (e.g., carrots, potatoes)
Dairy
Extra Sweets (meaning, no sugar or fake sugar added to food, or like Coke/diet Coke etc)
Fat
Fruit (because it's so high in sugar)

What can you eat? Of course, all sorts of different meats/fish (but pan fried in a non-stick -- because no Fat), veggies, etc.

You just stay off for 21 days. When I did it, I lost 10 lbs and looked so amazing, that is when my James proposed to me. The deal is of course you fall off! But what you're SUPPOSED to do is add back one of the "forbidden" things, to one meal a day the next week. Then, you can add back 2, then ultimately 3 (so you're having one "forbidden" thing per meal). You're also supposed to have 3 "snacks" a day but it's like 10 almonds, stuff like that -- very small "snacks" that keep your energy up, not using them as "meals." The idea tho is that if you add back something (remember you wait a whole week to see how your body "reacts" before you add another), and if you start gaining weight back, you have to put that on your "Birthday and Christmas" list. Meaning -- you're not going to say NEVER on it -- but you're going to give it to yourself as a TREAT. Whatever "it" is.

Anyway -- just thought I'd throw that in. Sure worked for me -- and I started back on it myself, on Monday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home