Thursday, April 27, 2006

ON A HAPPY NOTE: PUTTING MY FOOT DOWN!

I don’t know where to start. Last night I had a wonderful time in the Lords house!!! I can’t begin to tell how filled with the Holy Ghost I was. I’m a church go’er and I love the Lord and believe that Jesus died for my sins. I confess that I don’t attend Bible Study or Sunday School, but all of that is going to change now.

Last night was our church’s revival, and what a revival it was!!! We had an Elder out of Tennessee come and delivered the Word to us. He preached out of Joshua 10:20-25 “Putting Your Foot Down”. He preached that Joshua was the successor of Moses and God told him, “As I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” There was a war that broke out and 5 kings’ armies came against Joshua. He fought them and won killing all of his enemies and having his captains put their “feet upon the necks” of the kings. Well, he preached a good Word, but he made some very profound statements that really “touched my soul”; He said that Joshua was getting in a little trouble and began to pray to God. He prayed a prayer that was never prayed before, and God answers prayers that have never been prayed. So while they were in battle the “sun stood still and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies". The EARTH stood still!!! So that they could get rid of their enemies. He will do the same for you and me.


I’m saying that I have faith that God will help me defect my all my enemies. I just have to stay strong and have courage. Put my feet on the enemy. Whoa, I’m revived! That’s not all, the Pastor laid hands on me and I felt the Holy Ghost come thru me. It was wonderful!!

So, how did that sermon affect my life? Well, I’m so unhappy with my job. It’s mainly because of my co-worker. There are six women that are my enemies. They didn’t like me coming in the door and since then they’ve been telling lies and doing anything they can to get me fired or make me quit. My job performance is not lacking in any way, they just don’t like me because I don’t sit around gossiping about people and because I act and look professional. So, I have to destroy my enemies. I don’t literally mean do any bodily harm to them (although I don’t mind) but I have to work on me. Getting closer to God so that we can DESTORY all haters!!!


I hope this story makes sense to you. I'm not a good story teller:-)


~Mica~

2 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Life, it happens said...

Mica,

Don't sweat the small stuff. One thing I know for sure is that God never fails. And one thing that you have done is recognized who your enemies are, and from that point of view you will know how to deal with them. God can removed anything from your life when He is ready. Keep your head up, because its in the storms when we gain strength we never knew we had. Trust me when I say I know what your going through and being a Beliver in Christ myself I can truly tell you that, what they mean for bad God will turn it around and make it for your good!!!! Keep striving to grow in His knowledge and as long as your hand is in His things are going to work out just fine. Its the Word that keeps you, and the message that transforms you, forget about the attacks of others, focus on bettering you. And in closing, never stoop down to your co-workers level, continue to remain professional knowing that all your help come from the Lord!!!!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Solitaire said...

I would agree with LifeCanBeTooFunny except for one respect -- the "God can remove anything from your life when He is ready." I truly believe this is when YOU are ready -- God will give you anything you want, right now, if you have prepared yourself to receive it.

When I was in Israel, I went to Jericho, where Joshua fought ("and the walls came tumblin' down"). The thing about Joshua is that he "blew his trumpet" and this happened.

What this means, to me, is that his VOICE ("trumpet") is what won things for him. Though the Bible goes on to say about him putting his foot on the neck of the kings and all, I think that's a metaphor for the "high" being able to "fall" just from something a "regular guy" can do to take them down (b/c they were doing bad things, taking all their subjects' money and just putting it into their castles -- walls -- etc.)

Can you tell my minor in college is in Bible Studies? I did Archaeology, etc., and even studied some in Israel. I loved that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home