Monday, May 08, 2006

Happy Monday!!

It's Monday! I made it to work, don't know if I'm gonna do any, but I'm sure I will. Well right now I'm listening to Mary J. Blige's latest cd trying to get some inspiration to do something. All I'm really doing is singing (off key) loud disturbing the ladies in my office. (smile)

I had a nice weekend, the weather here (Chicago land area) was good. It was family weekend meaning this was the weekend when my James gets his sons and we (including my babygrrl) usually go bowling, swimming or to an arcade and hang out. We didn't do that this weekend though, which was cool he did his thing with them and I did mine with Ka. She got her hair braided and we just took it easy all weekend. I did go to my mom's house cleaned up and talked with her all day Saturday and Sunday. Church was good too.

I did see James this weekend in the evenings. He spent the night with me and we watched a couple of movies while he had a drink. you should see me twisting lips as I type. I guess he's feeling better about what happened two weekends ago (previous post). It was cool with me; I knew he wasn't going to stop drinking I just want him to slow down.

Oh, today is our 2 year anniversary. Yes, that's a long time for the both of us. I haven't been with an other man past a year except for Ka's dad but that was high school. And I don't think he's been with anyone past a year either. I've been trying to make a big deal about it, but I don't think he's paying any attention to me. I was going to make dinner tonight, but I changed my mind. I want to go out but he's been crying broke for the past two weeks. I got a cd made for him and I brought a .99 cent card. I might give it to him I don't know. He did kiss me this morning and said happy anniversary...that was phony.

I'm planning a trip to go to ATL in July for my daughter's birthday. One of my best friends live there and I haven't been there since 00'. It's funny because the last time I went it was Black Gay Pride weekend, and I never seen soooo many black FINE brothers in one place who didn't look my way. The ones that did were rolling their eyes at us. lol I brought that up b/c I just thought about getting our tickets and I don't have the cash for them now. Well Mary's cd is almost finished I'm feeling like Jamie Foxx now.

Time to do some work.

~Mica~

3 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Solitaire said...

ok LAUGH re black gay pride weekend! You should try living in San Francisco -- it is NOT NICE (laugh). I'm just lucky to have a James that is for sure. Going to the Castro is always a good one for "lookie-loo'ing" but they are not looking at ME!

Sounds like a good weekend. My James is also not one for the anniversary "thing" -- at least when it was our "dating" anniversary. When we were making the date for the wedding, it was funny tho. We planned it 18 months out (and now YIKES it's like 4!) The only 2 days for the hall we wanted (even that far out) were 9/16 and 10/6. I said that I thought 10/6 would be good b/c on 10/5, my folks are having their FIFTIETH and I thought "well, it's probably good luck to get married then." But my James said to me (in his accent -- he's Austrian): "You LOVE your birthday [Sept 22]. So, next year [this year], would you rather be lying on a beach on your bday after being married the week before -- or 10 days countdown running around pulling your hair out to the Wedding From Hell?" LOL. So I said -- 9/16 is FINE BY ME. Also, he said that he is just not good with dates -- and so if we were to get married "by" my bday, which he now has INGRAINED IN (that is my Princess Day thank you), that we could take that time from now on and do a trip, where it's a combo anniversary/bday trip. I think that sounds good.

The thing to remember is this -- don't do or not do something, because you're basin' it on Evil. If you want to do something special for the anniversary, DO IT! Make a special dinner, all the stuff he likes, do the CD (I love that), etc. Make a big deal but DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING IN RETURN. This is the key. If you make a big "do" about this and there is no pressure, your James is going to feel loved, etc. and who knows, you make it to 3, maybe next time he will remember "wow, my grrl gave me such a nice time on that day" etc. But the deal here is not to do it "expecting back." Because this date is important for YOU -- not for "the two of you" per se (like Valentine's is -- that's an example of when our James' USUALLY will show us the Love).

So remember -- do it up tonite if that's how you feel -- but (like complimenting your James) you have to do it b/c YOU want to do it, not b/c you are doing it to "get something" from him or you want him to "react a certain way." You're doing it b/c you really want to, b/c it's important to you, b/c you think it will be fun. If he doesn't have anything for you, you say "no big deal baby, this date is important for me, and you're important to me, so I want to celebrate it." And MEAN IT in your eyes :-)

Happy 2nd!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Life, it happens said...

Grrl I am glad to hear you are so uplifted on a Monday morning (see my blog). I was dragging in this morning, thought a few times about calling in (LOL). And hey talk about ATL gay pride weekend, I live in the ATL and talk about the fine gay brotha's!!! And congrats on the 2 yr. Annv. I guess for me its see what happens tomorrow. Right now I think I'm livin' for the weekend!!!! (SMILE)

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Mica said...

@Solitaire
When you said he (your James) speaks in his Austrian voice I was picturing a voice like Sean Connery.(smile) sexy
I did think about it and I was wanting something in return. Wrong! Not a gift but a lil' acknowledgement would have been sweet. But I am going to give him the CD b/c the songs on it are the "bomb":-) Knowing me I am going to give him some good extra lovein' tonite ;-)))

@ Jinx
Honey, don't get it twisted I'm not at all uplifted about today that's why I was listening Mary J. Matter of fact, I skipped the gym (bad Mica) & went over my mommy's house to sit around and was beggin' her to call my office to call me off for the rest of the afternoon.

Thanks

~MICA~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home